Monday, December 7, 2009

Sick

Last night, after watching the KU game, Jerry announced that he was sick to his stomach and headed to bed at 7pm. I got the boys their baths, and then got them tucked in, and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Oh yeah, I also tackled our house with Lysol wipes. I'm know I'm either a bit obsessive or germophobic, or both. I cleaned all of our phones, remotes, door handles, and the inside of my car with lovely Lysol wipes.

I went to bed at 10pm, and as I was fervently praying that God would protect Grayson, Carter, and myself from this nasty bug that Jerry had, I heard the noise that makes every Mom just cringe. (I know... because I did this to my own Mom.)

The sound of your child, puking their guts out, in their own bed. Ugh.

Poor Grayson. He had a most miserable night. I think we were up with him every hour of the night, from 10:30pm-4am... and Carter decided he would get sick in the middle of it all at 3am. Nice.

I had loads of laundry going, multiple bowls and trash cans next to Grayson's bed, and I would just get up whenever I heard crying or gagging.

Oh the joys of motherhood. Side note: Mom -- I am so so sorry about all the times I didn't make it to the toilet when I was sick. I was notorious for just leaning over the side of my bed. Sorry.

Well, Grayson is now on the couch and hasn't thrown up since 7am. He has eaten some Saltine crackers and kept some Sprite down, so I'm praying he's over the hump. Carter is back down for a 2nd nap, after drinking some milk and eating about 1/2 of an Eggo waffle. Other than having a snotty nose and being crabby, I'm praying he's better, too.

Jerry promptly told me this morning that he could've gone to work today, but didn't. Did I mention that he's been back in bed since 10am and it's almost 1?? I think it's good he stayed home.

Now where are those Lysol wipes??

3 comments:

Althea said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your ucky sick situation, Julie! Oh man. Sounds like it was a dreadful night.
Something to help you really look forward to a mother's day breakfast in bed, huh? You were earning your stripes:)
Hope you stay well and the germs stay away!

Katy said...

Oh Julie, we have been there - up in the middle of the night dumping puke buckets and doing laundry. I feel for you! That kind of sick is the worst kind. I'm glad you're past it and hope your week gets better!

Anita said...

hello! I´m AnalĂ­a, from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but nowadays i live in Madrid, Spain.
I was taking a look of my blog, and suddenly your blog appeared! and i love it!
you have a beautiful family, and it was a great idea to write about it....
(sorry about my english grammar!)
see u!