Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Skiing at Angel Fire

We just got home from an action-packed, very fun long weekend in Angel Fire, NM. We went with our good friends, Brian and Kim, and their daughter, Aubrey. Both my mom and Kim's mom were so kind, and kept our little ones so that we could all ski! Grayson and I before ski school
Grayson (in the blue coat) skiing down the hill at ski school

At the top of the mountain with Kim and Brian
Kim and Aubrey on the lift
Grayson and I on the lift -- G is holding on SO TIGHT! =)
Jerry, Grayson, and I before we took G up the lift on the bunny hill for the first time

Skiing down the bunny hill

With my own crazy skier at the top of the mountain...

Aubrey and Grayson enjoying the 16" of fresh powder that Angel Fire got before our last day of skiing -- I've never seen that much snow on the runs there!!
I ended up purchasing my own skis while we were there... this pic is for my brother, Brett, so that he can hopefully approve... and tell me that they're cool.
Jerry demonstrates JUST HOW MUCH snow there was!!!
Family pic on the run "Hallelujah" -- Grayson said it was his favorite
Making his "pizza" wedge like a pro
Standing at the top of the run "Exhibition" and looking down at Angel Fire with its beautiful snow

We saw elk, muledeer, and antelope on our drive home from Angel Fire to Wichita.
What a fun ski weekend with very special friends!! We can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

Nick and I haven't been skiing since before we were married, and we miss it terribly!!! Perhaps next year...since I won't be preggers then!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sommer's said...

I can't say it enough...we had so much fun! I loved recapping our weekend together by looking at all of your pics. The kids did great! I guess it's time to get my blog caught up...I told you that you would beat me. Ha!