Tuesday, February 8, 2011

let it snow! let it snow! let it snow!

Well, the snow has hit Wichita... again! We got the phone call in the middle of dinner tonight that school is cancelled for tomorrow. Make that Wichita's SIXTH snow day since 2011. Oh my.
All I can say is that I'm not sure who had more fun here... Jerry or Grayson. :)
Jerry hooked Grayson's saucer to the back of his truck with a long piece of rope, and off they went... gallivanting through the neighborhood.
Being the good blogger-mom that I am, I hopped in the truck in my sweats and slippers, but with my camera.
Enjoy!!
Headed down the cul-de-sac -- yes, Grayson is wearing his ski goggles!
The snow was blowing SO HARD... it started this morning, and it's still snowing hard tonight!
this pic is for MY brothers, taken from the passenger side mirror...
Yes, Jerry passed another car with Grayson still riding on the saucer in back of his truck...
two words: Why not??
then I started leaning out of the window to snap some pics... brrrr!
Here's to enjoying ANOTHER snow day tomorrow... as I type, it's 4 degrees out with a -16 windchill, and we're predicted to get as much as 11" of snow. There's about 6 1/2" on the ground now.

1 comments:

David said...

Saucer: $15
Rope: $5
Pulling your son on a saucer behind your truck in the snow while passing another car in order to teach your son the importance of winning and earning neighbor street cred: Priceless.

Jerry just won himself Father of the Year.