Thursday, June 23, 2011

trip to tulsa -- part 1

We had a great overnight trip to Tulsa this week. Since there was no Kids' Day Out, we thought it would be the perfect time to pack up and hit the road. Mom and I took the boys, as Jerry had to work. We wanted to do some shopping, and the boys were super-excited about going to the Oklahoma Aquarium. But, our first stop was at The Vintage Pearl. Several of my friends have pieces of jewelry from there and it is all soooo cute!!
This is the necklace that I purchased... fun story... most everything there is custom made. So, I was bummed to find out that if you want a piece with an actual name on it, it would take about 2-3 weeks and have to be shipped. But, they have these little containers with pieces with just random names on them that you can buy. So I searched and searched, and lo and behold, they had both a "Grayson" and a "Carter"!! They were different shapes and in different fonts, but I think that makes my necklace more unique. I was so excited! Mom got a darling charm bracelet, some earrings, and I also got a ring. We love that store! :)

So, the boys had been extra patient while we were purchasing our girly stuff, and we thought they could be rewarded with a fun ride on the carousel at the mall. They were able to ride for a nice long time and both loved it!!
We found some great home decor at a fun store there in the mall, and then stopped for dinner at
Chick-fil-a! Mmmm... it was tasty!



Then it was time to head back to our hotel and get down to the swimming pool. Wahoo!!
Some action shots...


0 comments: