Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy {seventh} birthday, Grayson!


Grayson turned 7 today! I still remember the day of his birth so well.
It was a really, really long day. I was in labor for 26 hours, and then he was born via C-section.
What a way to go.
By that point, I didn't care. At all. Just wanted him OUT!!! :)
My OB kept saying... "I think he's a big baby. Bigger than we thought."
And, he was! My firstborn weighed in at a hefty 8 pounds and 14 ounces.
Oh yeah.
And I'm five-foot-one. :)

We had no idea the blessings, laughter, joy, tears, and love our sweet Grayson would bring into our lives. I can't imagine life without him.

So, as we were eating dinner tonight, he asked me what I was going to write about him for his birthday blog. Of course, the firstborn, the planner... is thinking about what comes next. :)

Some fun Grayson facts:
His current favorite hobby is doing Legos.
He has a whole Lego city built in our basement!
He loves, loves, loves soccer.
He just finished his indoor season and is about to play outdoors again.
He loves Jesus and knows lots of Bible verses.
His favorite subjects in school are reading and phonics. He also likes PE. ;)
He loves riding his bike, being outdoors, talking about hunting with Jerry.
He loves animals and bugs, and is having a bug birthday party.
He is a great big brother to Carter -- usually very patient.
He calls himself "GSP" -- Grayson Samuel Pointer (like a hunting dog). Oh my.
He is so stinkin' skinny... I think I can count all his ribs.
He is constantly on the move... running, jumping, climbing, and chasing balls.

Happy birthday, Grayson Samuel. We love you LOTS!!

0 comments: