Sunday, June 17, 2012

patriotic wreath

I was looking at several crafty blogs recently and got the "itch" to make a wreath... somewhat similar to one I had seen. I headed over to Hobby Lobby, purchased material, a straw wreath, and some ribbon, and I was ready to start crafting. I think I spend a whopping total of $14!
 First, I cut lots of 2" strips of both colors of the material.
 I then wrapped about 2/3 of the wreath with the red fabric, securing the ends of the fabric with my hot glue gun.
 Then I finished covering the wreath with the blue fabric.

 Finally I added a basic bow made out of patriotic ribbon and topped with a white ribbon rosette. The glue gun came in handy here, too. :)
The finished product hanging on the laundry room door.
A little splash of red, white, and blue!

0 comments: