Well, I've never been a great cook, but I love to try a new recipe! I have really enjoyed watching the Food Network... between that and HGTV, I'm a happy camper. I also subscribe to Kraft's Food and Family magazine, and it has some neat ideas.
Anyway, several of the shows that are DVR'ed on a regular basis on my TV are Giada at Home, Semi-Homemade Meals with Sandra Lee, and Five Ingredient Fix. While I absolutely love Giada (and wish I looked just like her), some of her recipes call for things I don't regularly have on hand. Like fresh sliced salmon or arugula...
So, I have been trying to get some ideas from Sandra -- mixing some fresh ingredients with things I have in my pantry. It's a little bit easier that way!
Here's a recipe that I got from her show, and it is so yummy!
Oatmeal--Peanut Butter Bars
1/3 C. Bisquick (I use the heart-healthy version)
1/2 C. peanut butter (I use the reduced fat kind)
1/2 C. applesauce
1/2 C. raisins
1/2 C. chocolate chips
2 C. oatmeal
1 egg
1/4 C. honey
Mix all ingredients together and spread in 8x8" greased pan. Bake at 350 for 25 min. Enjoy!
What about you? Any fun and easy cooking tips??
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment