Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fairy Godmailer


In November, we (Mom, Grayson, and myself) are planning a fun trip to California to see my Aunt Laura, and of course, to go to Disneyland. I frequently read on http://www.mouseplanet.com/ for all things Disney, and to get some inside scoop on the parks and happenings there.
There is a trip planning section, where people can post suggestions, trip reports, thoughts, ideas, etc. Well, one link is called "Does Anyone Need a Fairy Godmailer?" It sparked my interest, so I kept reading to find out just what a Fairy Godmailer was.
Basically, you post on that link when you'll be at Disneyland, and if you're willing to be someone else's Fairy Godmailer... meaning that when you're there, you'll purchase a postcard with Mickey (or Minnie) on it, write a sweet message from the Mouse himself, address it to the child that's headed to D-Land, and stick it in the mail. That way, he or she will know that Mickey is sooo excited for them to arrive at the Happiest Place on Earth. Cute idea, huh?
One of the best parts of the whole idea is that you are just asked to pay it forward. So, a week or so before we leave in November, I'll post on the link and ask if anyone needs us to be their Fairy Godmailer. Fun!
Our personal Fairy Godmailer is headed there the last week of October. I can't wait to see Grayson's face when he sees that he got mail... from our favorite Mouse!

0 comments: