Last Thursday, I had my hair professionally straightened. I had the Keratin Smoothing Process done. For those of you who know me well, you know that I have naturally curly, kinky hair. I have random kinks in different parts of my hair, and I blow dry AND flat iron my hair daily. Oh, and that doesn't always leave my hair straight, either. I have done the "reverse-perm" -- where perm solution is combed on to your hair and then heated up, in an effort to get it more straight. It didn't really work. My hair isn't the cute kind of curly, it's just knappy.
So, when I heard about this process from my stylist, I thought I'd give it a go!
The Keratin Smoothing Process took 4 hours and 10 minutes from start to finish. First, my hair was washed and stripped. Then, it was blown dry, but with my stylist's hands, not a brush. Then, she sectioned my hair, similar to when you get a color or weave, and she combed on the Keratin. That took about an hour. Afterwards, she put all my hair with the Keratin on it in a bag, and I sat for 30 minutes. Then, she took the bag off, and blew my hair dry using a brush. Finally, when my hair was completely dry, it was ready to be flat-ironed. My stylist took literally 10-20 hairs at a time, and flat-ironed them 5-7 times each!! Oh, and the flat iron was set at 450 degrees!! This part took well over an hour. Then, I was told not to wash my hair for 72 hours!! That was like torture to me, as I have such oily hair. I always wash my hair every day.
So, on Sunday, I got to finally wash my hair! I am happy with the results! I have not turned my flat iron on at all... I've just been blow drying my hair in the mornings and it's super straight! I am curious to see how long it will last... I'm hoping for 6 months to a year.
For now, I'm just enjoying my straight hair. =)
Here's the link to see the process:
3 comments:
"Link to the process" NO WAY. I want to see the closeup photo of you with your straight hair!
Pictures! Pictures!
amazing, cant' wait to see the results!
Post a Comment