For some time now, it has bothered me that we don't have an overwhelming amount of seating for guests in our main-floor family room. It seems like the majority of the time, if we have another couple over, the kids will go downstairs and play in the basement, and we will all stay upstairs and talk. Well, we currently have a couch and a chaise lounge in our family room. Those two pieces comfortably seat 3 adults, which leaves someone either sitting on the piano bench, or in front of the fireplace. Not to mention when we have more than 4 adults over...
So, while I love our piano, and we've had it for several years now, I realized that it was taking a huge chunk of functional space. We have a large basement family room, with many interior walls (a piano should always be placed against an interior wall in your home to regulate its temperature), and I decided that that's where it needed to go!!
So, in the piano's place went two darling "slipper" chairs, allowing us more seating in our upstairs family room. Personally, I think it makes the room look bigger!
Here they are up close... fun shades of chocolate brown. One in a "vines" pattern, and the other in "stripes."
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the chairs! Enjoy your "new" space!
Oh I love the new look! Those chairs are perfect with the rest of the furniture in there and does make a great sitting area. Awesome idea!
Post a Comment