Sunday, January 10, 2010

Some January randomness...

Nothing too exciting is going on here... we are thankful to be staying healthy, and have mostly been inside due to our dangerously cold weather. On my way into work on Friday morning, at 7:00am the thermometer on my rearview mirror actually said -1. Brrrr! Supposedly we are going to have temperatures in the 40s this week... I told Jerry that we'd probably be opening our windows then since it would feel so warm. =)I am excited to be a part of a new Bible study starting at our church. We are reading through the book Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. One of my mom's dear friends, Debi, is leading it and there are about 13 women who are a part of this weekly study. I am excited to learn more about parenting (from someone who has done it before!!) and to develop some deeper friendships with other moms at Eastminster.
This past week I did invest in something for Carter that I've heard lots about but never owned... until now. It's called a "Lullabag" and it is made for babies that kick off their blankets and get cold at night. We have determined that is why Carter was waking up at night... he didn't want to eat, he just was cold. So, I purchased a cotton-lined Lullabag that will fit him up to 18mo. Last night he slept from 6:45pm until 6:45am. It was HEAVENLY! It looks like a soft gunny sack with holes for his head and arms, and then a zipper all around the bottom of the Lullabag to get him in and out. Quite the contraption, but hey, whatever gets you a full night's sleep!
The other thing that I've been searching for, but cannot find, is a coupon or promo code for Great Wolf Lodge. We want to take Grayson (and Carter) to celebrate their birthdays, but I absolutely refuse to pay full price! If anyone knows of any coupons or codes that would be good for Feb/March, please, please leave me a comment. We are planning on surprising Grayson... and Carter absolutely loved the Y's indoor pool before Christmas, so we think he'll have a ball, too.
Hope you have a wonderful week!

0 comments: