Wednesday -- Closed on both houses, a little bit of drama waiting for the wire of money from our buyer to come through so that we could close on our new home. It did, thank goodness! We got possession of the new home that evening, and moved our breakables in.
Thursday -- The movers showed up at 8am. There were 2 guys and 1 truck. They quickly realized that they needed more assistance, so another guy and truck arrived! All of our belongings were loaded on the 2 trucks by before 11am. Jerry and I finished cleaning the old house and locked up. We started unloading at the new house before noon, and the movers were completely done by 3:30pm. Our painter never showed. Grrr. On a very positive note, NONE of this would've been possible without my mom, who took care of Grayson and Carter for two days so that we could unpack and get settled. Thanks, Mom!!
Friday -- Jerry went back to work, and I stayed home to continue unpacking.
Saturday -- Jerry went to work in the morning, and then took the boys up to his parents' home to see his sister, Jenny, who was in town from ND visiting. Mom came over and we tackled the decorating! So fun!! I think we made at least 3 trips to Hobby Lobby in a 24 hour period. =)
Saturday -- Jerry went to work in the morning, and then took the boys up to his parents' home to see his sister, Jenny, who was in town from ND visiting. Mom came over and we tackled the decorating! So fun!! I think we made at least 3 trips to Hobby Lobby in a 24 hour period. =)
Sunday -- Happy 4th of July!! We went to church, came home so the boys could take naps, Jerry and I started hanging pictures and continuing to arrange stuff, it rained a lot, went over to Mom and Dad's for a yummy dinner, and then headed back to our house to shoot off fireworks in the driveway.
Monday -- Thank goodness for the long weekend! We were tired!! We ran a few errands, continued to get settled, tried out the neighborhood pool, and then crashed on the couch so that we could watch "The Bachelorette."
Funny things we realized during the move: I now have a convection oven, but I will need some help using it...We did find a painter (thanks, Gail!) and the boys' bedrooms are not bright pink/green/turquoise any more...$900 paid to the movers was some of the best money we've ever spent...Ahhh, the list could go on and on!
My cord that allows me to download pics from the camera to the laptop has been found (yea!) so I will try to post some pictures soon!
3 comments:
I am horrified that I as I sit in type this, I STILL see a few unopened boxes in our office from FEBRUARY. I can't believe you were able to do all that in record time! We can't wait to see pics!! I know it looks awesome!
It took me almost a month (or more) to unpack when we moved the last time, so I am totally impressed!!!
this makes me tired reading about your week. Moving is so much work! Glad to hear you're in your new house - congrats!
Post a Comment