Thursday, August 26, 2010

my 32nd birthday

My birthday was on Tuesday, and it was a great day. =) I can't say that I feel like I'm 32... I still feel like a kid, but I have kids now... hmmm. Kinda random.
Anyway, Grayson went to Kindergarten, and it was Carter's first day back to Kids' Day Out. So, after dropping him off, my mom and I headed out to TJ Maxx and found LOTS of bargains. Woo-hoo!! We picked up Grayson from school and had a yummy lunch at Mediterranean Cafe. Then Grayson and I picked Carter up, went home for Carter's nap, and then we all went to my parents' house for a delicious dinner. Mom made one of my favorites -- Chinese Chicken Salad, and Jerry picked up my favorite dessert -- a DQ ice cream cake! It is nearly impossible to get a good smile from both boys at the same time... some day it WILL happen...
Carter loved bringing the gifts over to me =)
A big shout-out to Mom and Aunt Laura who picked out my newest purse... several of my co-workers have been getting great deals on Coach bags at the Coach outlet stores. Well, of course, there aren't any in KS. The closest one is in Branson, and then there are a few in California, and Mom and Aunt Laura found this one there. Thanks so much -- I love it!!
I admit, I love purses and bags. I also had picked out this darling Vera Bradley one awhile ago when we went to Kansas City. Anyway, I was letting Carter try it, and LOOK AT DAD'S FACE. He looks completely irritated that his daughter would let his grandson carry around a purse.
Awww... come on, Gramps!! =)
(Dad looks completely done with the b-day fun, now...)
Grayson helped me read about the online gift certificate from Dave, Kristen, and Brett. It was such a great idea. They have all talked so highly about the H&M store in Pittsburgh, so when Jerry and I visit them in just a few weeks, I can use the gift certificate. Thanks, guys! It was a great idea!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I turned 32 on August 2nd!