Thursday, March 3, 2011

go away flu bugs. go away.

Poor Carter.
Last night, I had been in bed less than an hour, when I was awakened by him crying and that horrible, terrible, no-good smell of throw up. I work in a hospital, but it's enough to make me gag.
There were chunks everywhere... it was dried in his hair... the sheets were soaked.
It was a sad sight.
Jerry wasn't home -- he and 3 buddies were driving home from the KU basketball game.
So, at 12:20am, I started a load of laundry, changed Carter's sheets, put him in the bathtub, and prayed.
Please, Lord, don't let anyone else get this nasty bug.
Carter got sick throughout the night. Ugh.
As of now, though, he hasn't thrown up since about 6am.
He's kept down some Sprite, a few Saltines, and two small pieces of turkey.
He's napping now... and I hope he wakes up feeling lots better!
As for me, the windows are open, the house has been hit with Lysol wipes and bleach, and I'm still praying that those flu bugs go away.

0 comments: