I feel like lots is swimming around in my head... not all necessarily important stuff, but random things nonetheless. So here's my brain dump for the day!!
1. The Bachelor will come to an end this Monday, and I'm really hoping that Brad chooses Emily. But, I have watched all but 2 seasons, and more often than not, the person I hope for is NOT chosen. Oh well. I'll still hope for Emily AND I'm so thankful for DVR. That show is almost painful to watch if you can't fast-forward some of it. :)
2. I just ordered a new swimsuit from athleta.com which is owned by the Gap. I am pretty happy with it. I don't ever like to be in a swimsuit, but it's a must with kids and a neighborhood pool. Anyway, I don't plan on sending it back, so that's a good thing.
3. I had the craziest tooth experience this week. Long story (sorta) short -- I have never had any cavities. I went to the dentist for my 6 month appt on Monday, and they told me that both of my back upper teeth had cavities. What? You couldn't see any black spots -- they were decaying from the inside out. So, I went back the next day to have them filled. Our dentist is a friend of ours, and he told me candidly that they were a LOT worse than they looked. He couldn't believe I wasn't in any pain. He decided to start on my upper left -- it being the worst of the two -- and 5 shots and 2 drilling sessions later, he told me that I had two options. The tooth was so decayed (even around the root) that I could have a temporary filling placed, then a root canal (ugh!), and then a crown put on it... all with the hopes of maybe keeping my tooth for 10 years. OR, I could just have it pulled right there.
Well, three more shots and lots of pulling with some scary metal pliers later, my back left upper tooth is gone. They showed me the tooth afterwards and it was totally brown inside. How on earth did that happen? I am OCD about brushing my teeth. I am too young to have teeth pulled. Yuck. And, I have to go back in 3 weeks for my other tooth to get checked. Oh my.
4. Last but not least, Uncle Dave called Grayson this week to talk with him about asking Jesus into his heart, which had happened last week. And, side note -- Grayson LOVES to talk with the Uncles about "fighting" -- which means wrestling, in G's book. Anyway, after their conversation, I was asking Grayson about it. I said, "Do you know why Uncle Dave is so excited, Grayson? This means that now, you and Uncle Dave will be in Heaven together after you die."
Grayson replied, "Yeah... that way we can still fight!"
I'm sure Jesus approves of Uncle/Nephew wrestling inside the pearly gates, don't you??
1 comments:
Loved reading your "brain dump" today. I agree that you have to watch the Bachelor by fast forwarding though ALL the recap! And, I also agree that I don't like wearing a swimsuit...although perhaps we'll have to get the kiddos together to go swimming this year! :)
Post a Comment