While I love our home, one of the things I miss the most about our old house is the convenience of a large laundry room. Our old laundry room had lots of space, a pocket door, and a half bath. It was great!! Well, our new laundry room is an odd shape and does not have a pocket door, which makes the space feel even smaller. Our old washer and dryer have been on the fritz, so when we came upon a great deal at Lowe's, we took the plunge!!
Here's our laundry room BEFORE:

And, here it is AFTER!!

We bought the front-loaders without the pedestals (saving us about $400) but purchased a "stacking kit" so that they are safely attached to one another. Jerry built an amazing oak bench, complete with storage inside it, and moved the cabinets so that they were directly above the bench. This also enabled us to have the room to stack the washer on top of the dryer.

I found a cute rod iron piece to hang the boys' backpacks and my purse on.

And, then added some fun greenery to the door!!
Kind of makes doing laundry fun... I think. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment