Monday, October 24, 2011

shopping weekend

Mom and I had a great two days of shopping, eating, and hanging out. And, we got to meet someone so FUN! (I'll get to that later in the post...) I was terrible about taking pics, but here's a really quick overview of everything that we packed in on Friday and Saturday. Here we go:

Left early Friday morning
Drove to Gallery Classic in Topeka
Drove to Holiday Mart in downtown KC
had lots of fun, shopped, ate lunch
Headed out before rush hour to the NEW Nordstrom's Rack in Overland Park
Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen... the best, no doubt!
More shopping and bargains at Marshalls and Home Goods -- LOVE!
Needed a cute pair of Puma tennies at DSW
Yogurtini for dessert

Saturday morning -- we both slept until 8am! Woo-hoo!
Drove into Lawrence for the game to shop on Mass St.
Hit awesome places like Jock's Nitch, Winfield House, Stitch On, etc
Lunch at ingredient. So delicious!
And... then I became that girl.
Mom and I were sitting close to the window at ingredient, enjoying our wonderful lunches, when all of a sudden we saw Meg from Whatever walk by. We looked at each other and knew that we had to go out and talk to her.
Both Mom and I love, love, love her blog.
So, we did! We left our purses and lunches inside the restaurant and ran out to meet her. ;)
Meg was super nice and didn't look too shocked that two strange women just burst out of ingredient to chat.
We finished our time in Lawrence by stimulating the economy downtown, and then headed back to the 'Ta.
Thanks, Mom, for a super-fun time together!

0 comments: