Sunday, February 26, 2012

"KU won't Mizz-you"

I just went to the best basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse that I have ever witnessed in my 33 years. It was set-up to be a GREAT game from many angles... both KU and Mizzou are battling for the Big 12 conference title, it is the last time they'll ever play each other here since Mizzou is leaving for the SEC, and finallly, KU and Mizzou hate each other. Literally, we despise them. Oh, and did I mention that KU should have won in Columbia earlier this year... they blew an 8 point lead with two minutes to go.

So, there was a lot at stake. :)

I think the entire game raised my blood pressure and scarred my eardrums. But it was A-MAZ-ING!!!
the student section and their newspapers as MU was being announced
they introduced the "new" Centennial Jay (CJ, for short!!)
I can't decide if he's cute or kinda dorky... he is from 1912
At halftime with Mom... and we were sooo nervous!!
Jerry and Dad
 KU made some key free-throws towards the end
 A cool stat: KU never led in the 2nd half, but went on to win the game. Here we're tied with 10 seconds to go... Allen Fieldhouse was so loud, I can't believe the roof didn't blow off!! :)
 We won!! We won!!
It was so fun to watch Bill Self right as the buzzer went off... he pumped his fist into the air and had the biggest grin. Awesome!!

0 comments: