The past several years, my mom and I have made it a fall tradition to head up to Kansas City for a night and do some shopping! We love going to their Holiday Mart, and this year we went straight for the booth from Nell's Hills. We even saw Mary Carol Garrity working there! :) Our other KC stops included Nordstrom's Rack, DSW, Marshalls, and Home Goods. And, we loved eating at Houlihans and California Pizza Kitchen. It was quite the day! We left home at 7am and shopped until almost 9pm. Tiring, but oh so fun. :)
Then, on Saturday, we ate breakfast at the yummy Einstein's and drove straight to Lawrence. Mass Street was our destination, and we hung out there most of the day. Lunch was at Ingredient -- delish -- and after our shopping, we drove through KU's campus to see the beautiful fall trees. That's where our picture was taken.
I've always wondered why I don't have a daughter, and I'll probably never know this side of Heaven. It's one of my questions for God... But, I truly treasure and love the mother-daughter time I have with my Mom and I'm so thankful to God for blessing me with her! These weekends together are so precious, and such fun. They are a blessing to me, and I am incredibly grateful. We never run out of things to talk about, we like so many of the same things, and we can shop 'til we drop!! Love you, Mom!
0 comments:
Post a Comment