Monday, January 2, 2012

angel fire {skiing}

We just arrived home from a trip out to Angel Fire, NM with my parents to enjoy some skiing, snow, and a break from "normal". I loved having an excuse to get my Christmas stuff packed up quickly, and we were ready to head out just two days after the 25th.
Grayson has skiied before... learning when he was 4 1/2 years old. Carter wanted to try skiing, though at 2 1/2, he is still too young for ski school. Jerry and I decided we would teach him and see how it went!
After this trip, Grayson is now to the point where he can ski pretty much any green or blue slope that he wants. Carter skiied two half-days and was done. We wanted him to remember skiing in a positive way... not the fact that he ran into a fence on his way down the mountain on that second day. :)

 Grayson rockin' the "wedge"
 Jerry continues to be fearless, skiing every black slope that was open. I even got a few of his jumps wipeouts on video.
 Looking down at Angel Fire's village area from the top of Exhibition. This was taken on Thursday (12/29) -- the busiest day.


 Grayson and I on the lift
 Jerry and Carter were right behind us!! Love those little skis!
 I tried to get all the boys' adventures on video ;)
 Jerry and Carter skiing down!
 My favorite house... just off the ski run called Headin' Home
 Stopping for lunch one day at the Lodge
My little ski-bunny and I on the lift up to the top!!

0 comments: