Monday, January 16, 2012

lions, tigers, and bears...oh my!


Today was a balmy 50 degree day in Kansas... and in mid-January! Grayson did not have school, so we headed out to the zoo. It was a perfect day to be outside and enjoy the animals. There are so many babies at the zoo... I think my favorite is definitely the baby orangutan. He is a sweetie.
 the baby was all over his mama... pulling her fur and snuggling.. she looked absolutely exhausted... like most new moms!!

 watching the elephant training
 in the Australia area, the boys quickly spotted a few wallabies -- here they are with a wallaby on the right
 the little guy up close!
 the wolves were enjoying the sun, too
 this giraffe was down in the "ditch" area of their exhibit... looking for anything green to eat!

 more zoo babies!! the african hunting dogs have 7 or 8 puppies... hard to count them all!
 the sweet girl lion cub was right at the window...
(why can't I figure out pics with glass and sunlight?? oh well)
 my boys peering through the glass at the pretty lion :)
 I love the leopard... so amazing
 Grayson and the goat are BFFs
 the goat tried to give Carter a kiss... poor C had a hard day... he has a little cold and has refused to nap the past 3 days... I think he cried at least 4x at the zoo... I told Mom that HE was good birth control today ;)
they're both so stinkin' photogenic!
We love our zoo!!

0 comments: