Sunday, January 15, 2012

carter's official big-boy room

Carter has been out of his "crib" for awhile... in the sense of not being contained. :) We took the front of his crib off, and he has been enjoying his "big-boy" bed -- which looks a lot like a crib-version of a daybed. We had started talking about getting him a real bed a few months ago, but thought we'd wait for a sale over the holidays.

Well, my Aunt Laura had a white daybed in her basement that I used to sleep at when I visited her in California. Now that she's in her new place, she didn't need the bed. (Did I mention that it even has a trundle?? Woo-hoo!) We had a fake Christmas tree and some Christmas wreaths that we weren't using, so we did a fun little trade in early December. A daybed for some Christmas goodies. :)

Thanks, Aunt Laura!!

So, Jerry and I both decided that a white daybed was too girly for Carter, but if we painted it a fun shade of brick red, it would be perfect. A few cold afternoons in December, I painted the bed out in our garage... and then Jerry put it all together. We just moved it into Carter's room, and set up his furniture, adding some shelves with cubbies.

Here are the finished results!
 painting the bed frame in the garage...

 I found his quilted bedding on clearance at Target -- yay!! And, AL had some fun green sheets to match, too.
 I can't believe he's almost THREE...
 We kept his same dresser, added the shelves with cubbies for books and toys, and found the lamp at Target to match his bedding.
 the view of his room from his doorway
my friend, Sarah, painted Carter's canvas for him before he was born... and it still matches perfectly!
Awww... brothers! They've slept together in this bed several times already :)

0 comments: