Tuesday, April 8, 2008

National Champions

I must admit, I was feeling a little bit cynical, with 4 minutes to go in regulation time in last night's NCAA final between Kansas and Memphis. I was thinking to myself, "Here we go again. We've led most of the game, but now Memphis is ahead, and we're going to get beat." But, our beloved Jayhawks proved us wrong, and when they were down by 9 with a little more than 2 minutes on the clock, they showed Memphis that they deserved to be National Champions. I have never been so glad for a basketball game to go into overtime!! The miraculous 3 pointer by Mario Chalmers to get us to overtime
Celebrating after the win!
Roy truly showed all of us Kansans that he really is a "class act." Not only did he sport a Jayhawk on his shirt during the championship, he rooted for KU after we had just beaten them in the semi-finals. What a great guy!
On another note, I'd love to see Billy Packer and Jim Nantz fired. Not only did they do a terrible job broadcasting the game, they were clearly hoping Memphis would win. They talked very favorably towards Rose, Dorsey, and CDR. And, the "One Shining Moment" had tons of Memphis highlights on it -- way more than KU did -- obviously showing that they didn't expect KU to pull it off.
Well, they did. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, GO KU!!

2 comments:

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Thanks for your post about the Hawks. I loved the picture of Roy. To be honest, I miss the guy. I have never been a big Self fan. Oh well. Hopefully all the other KU fans can get over the whole Roy thing now too. Yeah for KU!

kristen said...

Yea!! Fun post Julie!! Love the new layout too! Hope you guys have a blast on your vacation. Can't wait to see pics!!