Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fun spring days

We have finally been blessed by some pretty weather! And, pretty weather translates to "Let's go to the park, Mom!" or "Can we go to the zoo, today?" On Monday, it was just perfect... the high was in the 60s, and there was NO wind. We enjoyed two hours at Eastborough Park with our friends!Delaney, Elyse, and Grayson
Another one of those pictures you save for the Rehearsal Dinner in 20 years...
Loves to swing!!
Grayson is taking a nap (YEA!!!!!) for the first time this week. It's almost like having a tiny bit of your "Mom freedom" back again. It's just wonderful. Not that I don't love hanging out with him, but we do need a little break from each other. =) We are currently working on not whining... I don't know if it's a 3 year old thing, or what, but constant whining can make a person crazy!! I'm battling it with a combination of ignoring, time-outs, and threatening to spank...
Well, off to tackle a little bit of uninterrupted cleaning upstairs. Happy Spring!!

3 comments:

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Love the "rehersal dinner picture"! Teehee! Have fun during your mommy freedom.--Anna

Althea said...

I hear you on the whining thing! The pitch, the tone...it penetrates deep into my brain and leaves me slightly insane. Sometimes I think Andrew forgets how to speak normally.
Glad to hear you got a napping day today. As wonderful as they are, a little time apart is critical for a happy day all around.

Theresa Walker said...

Great pictures, but I was hoping that Gabi would marry Grayson!!!
Just teasing...hope you are able to enjoy your nice weather. It's been kind-of hot down here again, but I was able to get some flowers planted yesterday morning when it was still semi-cool outside. I hope they grow in this TX heat!
Take care,
T