Monday, August 18, 2008

House arrest... I mean "house" bedrest

Well, the Baby Anderson saga continues. I swear I'm about to have a complex, if I haven't already. I went in to see my OB this morning after having a one-time episode of spotting over the weekend. I've been all nerves, completely emotional, and just a mess... just ask Jerry. I thought we were getting to somewhat of a "safe" zone... finishing out the first trimester. But, no, I have to have some random complications.

So enough emotional griping... we heard and saw the baby's heartbeat, along with the baby, who is growing right on track. For all you medical people out there, my OB says that my placenta has almost (but not quite) grown over my cervix -- I guess that's a good thing -- but there's just a tiny area still exposed, and that's where the blood came from.

So, I was instructed to drive myself home, and I'm not to leave the house until at least Friday. Friday!! I pride myself in only having maybe 5 days in my entire "stay-at-home" motherhood that Grayson and I have been home ALL DAY. So, this will be interesting. =) House-bedrest is what my OB said to do... what I "normally" do at home during the day. (I decided not to mention that I had deep-cleaned my 3 bathrooms yesterday...) Put my feet up, no lunches out, absolutely no errands, and no lifting. Call him the middle of the week with an update, and he'll see me on Friday or next Monday -- definitely one more time before we head to Fort Worth for Dave and Kristen's wedding.

Whatever it takes to get this little one here safe and healthy. Oh, and lots of prayers, too. My OB said he'd say a prayer for me today. We can certainly use all the prayers we can get.

3 comments:

Althea said...

Wow, Julie, what a scary situation. I'm so glad that you were able to see the little baby bean - heart beating, growing well.
So if your placenta has grown over the cervix, does that mean that you have placental previa?
I'll be hoping you and Grayson can come up with some fun non-activities at home. Sounds to me like some videos are in order:)

Lindsey said...

praying for you all!!! it sounds like your ob is really watching you and taking good care of you. i know it's going to be hard to stay at home but just think this is a small amount of time in the big scheme of things. looking forward to seeing you in a little over a week.

Anonymous said...

i wish I was there to bring you lunch!
i am praying for you.