Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feeling blessed...

A week ago today we came home from the hospital. I must admit that I was nervous, tentative, wary, and just plain scared to bring a newborn home with us. I remembered our nights with Grayson... pacing back and forth, trying to get him to sleep. I remembered the stress of nursing, wondering if I was doing the right thing, and why on earth did they get so big?? I remembered feeling completely and utterly exhausted.

But, we have seen prayers answered over the past 2 years in so many ways. And, we continue to see them answered. We are blessed. Blessed with a sweet baby who goes back to sleep after he eats in the middle of the night. Blessed that Jerry has been off of work for most all of last week. Blessed to have family so close by to help.

This past week has gone smoothly! And, I can only credit it to lots of people praying for us. And, maybe, just maybe, we're a little more relaxed with our second. Who knows. =) Yes, I'm tired. But, I've actually enjoyed this first week at home. I'm looking forward to this coming week and attempting to get back into our little routine. And, we're still praying that Carter continues to go back to sleep after eating in the middle of the night...

This verse was in the book my girls' Bible study is going through right now: Trusting God by Jerry Bridges -- it might be familiar to you, too.
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

3 comments:

Sommer's said...

I am so glad the first week has gone smoothly...we will continue to pray as you tackle new challenges that come your way this week as you adjust to two kids. What a blessing they are from God!!!

kristen said...

I loved this post! It warmed my heart. It was so fun to 'sort of' see Carter in person the other night! I feel really blessed to have two precious nephews. ;-)

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Julie,
Thanks for this post. I am right there with you. I am still struggling with the scared thing...but it is much less scary than it was with Holly! :) The verse at the end is so true. I hate the nights...but every morning I feel so much better!
I wish we could get together and compare notes. Oh well. Maybe next time we go to the in-laws.
Take care and get some sleep--easier said than done!

--Anna