both ideas I had mentioned in the previous post.
On Saturday night we put Carter to sleep on his stomach. He woke up an hour and a half later, screaming. He hated being on his stomach. As soon as I rolled him back to his side, he went right back to sleep. Strike one...
On Sunday night (last night), we fed him at 7pm and he went to bed at 8pm. We decided to just let him go... see how long he would sleep before waking up. Maybe this would be the trick. Ummm, not so fast. He woke up, starving, at 11pm. And then at 3 and 6:30am. Strike two...
So, tonight we're back to our original plan. Feed him at 7pm and do his usual bedtime routine. Wake him to eat at 10pm. We go to bed and then wait to hear from him. We're just hoping to not see that stupid clock before 2am. Please...
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry Julie! I am sure you are exhausted!! We will keep you guys in our prayers!
I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling with the sleep thing. You don't want to hear this, but neither of my girls slept through the night even once until they were night weaned. Sydney rarely slept through even then. Heck, she STILL wakes up a lot, even at almost 4. And I think Carter's too young for that, btw. I'm assuming Grayson was a pretty good sleeper? At 2 months, very few babies sleep through the night. It's not necessarily anything you're doing or not doing.... he's just really little still. He'll figure it out. And it's not forever! If he wakes to eat and goes right back to sleep, even a couple times a night I would consider you lucky indeed!!
Still, I know how much I struggled when I was not getting enough uninterrupted sleep. Try going to bed as soon as possible after he does the first time, let Jerry handle the 10 o'clock feeding. I have every sleep book published, I think, and I recommend the Sleep Lady's Guide. It helped us the most. But like I said, every child is different.
Praying for you!
Jill
Post a Comment