Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Boots... at last.

For quite some time now, I've been contemplating the need for some tall black boots. For the majority of my adult life, I've not been a boots fan. I've honestly never owned a pair. I don't like snow boots for when we go skiing -- I usually just hike up to the mountain in my comfy Nikes. I think the last time I wore a pair of cowboy boots was when I was about 8 years old, and it was probably to a Wichita Wings soccer game.
Anyway, I also am finding that I despise wearing pantyhose, and now being pregnant, the thought of anything tight and fitted over my belly sounds awful. So how's a girl to wear her knee-length dresses and skirts, in the midst of fall and winter, but without hose and with pasty white legs?
Ahhh -- buy some cute boots!
So, I've been on the hunt. For someone who's 5'1" -- finding the perfect pair is easier said than done. No -- I don't have long, skinny, bird-like legs. I have short, squatty ones. Yuck. One of my least favorite body parts. But, I digress...
I went to Kohl's today, when Grayson was in preschool, and tried on several pairs of black boots. The very last pair I tried were $69.99 on sale for $19.99... and they fit perfectly! Much to Jerry's chagrin, I now have my very own pair of hooker boots. And, I can't wait to wear them!

6 comments:

Sommer's said...

They look so cute! You will love them! Congrats on your new purchase.

Lindsey said...

yeah--you will love them. i love your description of the hooker boots...you will be so cute in them.

The Allen's said...

hooker boots are totally the way to go. you'll look great in them julie and you'll be warm. two necessities in life!

kristen said...

I totally agree with the above posts! You will be so glad when it is cold outside that you got a STEAL on those cute boots!

Dave was laughing at me on Monday because I wore some with a dress to work - with hose like leggings and then his tube socks...but no one could see the comfy socks. It was great!! Even if I got grief from my husband. ;-)

Althea said...

Nice find, Julie! These are HOT!

Esther said...

Cute. I bought a pair of black boots a couple of falls ago from Khols and still wear them. I went back and bought a brown pair a couple of weeks later.:) Khols sales are great--the boots will go w/ everything!