Sunday, February 15, 2009

T-5 days... and counting

Well, I've never been a big "belly-shot" picture person, but I do regret not having a picture of how big my belly had gotten right before Grayson was born. So, here it is. It looks like a basketball, and kinda feels like one, too. Today, I am officially 39 weeks, and my C-section is scheduled for this Friday (39 weeks, 5 days). If he doesn't make an appearance before...I feel lots of mixed emotions now... ready to not be pregnant any longer, ready for my real clothes, and most importantly, ready to sleep on my stomach again!! But, I have enjoyed being pregnant, and since this is probably the last time, I know I'll miss feeling the baby move and kick inside me. That is by far, one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. Truly a miracle!
I'm definitely nervous about how Grayson will handle not being an only child any longer, and how I'll do dividing my time between the two of them. I'm so excited to see what this little miracle baby looks like... it's so amazing what an answer to prayer his little life has already been. Hard to believe that just last August we were wondering if he was going to stay put until February... and he has. Praise the Lord!
We will try our best to post some pictures after his arrival. I'm going to try to take my computer to the hospital, as I figure I'll have more time to do a blog post there than when we arrive home! Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

7 comments:

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

I need to take a picture too. Thanks for reminding me! I am excited for you all! It is incredible that we are at the end of the prego part of this journey huh! I am a little jealous of your for sure date...ours is not until the 26th. Hopefully she'll make her appearance before then! :) Tell Jerry Hi!
Love,
Anna

ourhaskellfamily said...

Good luck, hope all goes well for you!

Sommer's said...

You look so cute...I just love pregnant bellies! God has definitely answered many prayers already and we will keep sending them his way as this little boy is born. Julie, you are a wonderful mom and will handle the adjustment to having two with ease! Good Luck...we will be thinking of you on Friday for sure!

The Allen's said...

yay baby Carter. we are thrilled for your whole family julie. i'll be checking daily for updates on the little tyke.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for picture Julie, you look great! - I hope you can post soon after Carter arrives so we can see pictures. I wish you all the best as you near the end of pregnancy and look forward to meeting your new son.

Love,
Katy

Michelle said...

I will be thinking of you Friday and hoping everything is going smooth! Can't wait to see the pictures of baby Carter!

Jill said...

Wow! That went really fast (for me!) You're going to do just fine as a mom to two. And soon, G. won't even remember what it was like before Carter came along. You look great. Praying for you for Friday!

Jill