Monday, February 9, 2009

Windy in Wichita

Every Monday morning Grayson and I head out to Super Wal-Mart to pick up our groceries for the week. I try to avoid that place like the plague at all other costs, except for early Monday mornings. It's not crowded, and pretty clean. So, we're walking out of the store, and all of a sudden we are hit by a MASSIVE gust of wind. I'm guessing 35-40 mph winds...

I'm holding on to the cart really tightly, my hair is blowing everywhere, the groceries appear like they might scatter, and Grayson looks like he could blow away if I tied a balloon to his wrist. I commented, "Oh my goodness!! It's sooooo windy out here!"

And, looking straight up at the clouds, Grayson shouts, "We've had enough wind today, God. You can stop it now!"

I just had to smile. =)

4 comments:

Hiltonadventures.com said...

Thanks for sharing little experience like that with the rest of us who read your blog - it makes me feel so much closer to your precious family!

Unknown said...

Come on, Mary. You know that you and Jerry miss Wichita. =) We miss you all!!

Lindsey said...

that is hilarious!!!!

kristen said...

Ah! I love it! So matter of fact.