Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nursery pics

As promised in an earlier post, here are pictures of Carter's room! My friend, Sarah, painted this darling canvas that we hung above the crib. The bumper is a chocolate brown "minky-dot" fabric, the sheets are white/apple green polka dots, and the crib skirt is a navy/white gingham.Here is the quilt -- also in an apple green/white striped pattern. The quilt, sheets, and crib skirt were all on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids. Yea!!
Standing in the doorway -- all of the furniture (crib, dresser, changing table, and glider rocker) was in Grayson's room when he was a baby. I had the rocker's cushions re-covered with the chocolate brown minky-dot fabric to match.
The changing table -- more of the brown!! I got a little creative with a hot glue gun and some sale ribbon from Hobby Lobby to dress up the baskets.

The 3 themed colors: navy, brown, and green

Quick baby product question: Have any of you nursing moms out there ever used the LilyPadz nursing pads? Supposedly they help you to not leak at all... I have a friend who absolutely loves them, but I would like any input that you might have. They're $30 and I haven't purchased them yet... Sorry if that's TMI for you male readers. =)

4 comments:

Althea said...

Hi Julie,

Cute nursery! This is one loved baby:)
I tried out the LilyPadz with Sylvia. Can't say that I was a fan. I liked that they were reusable so I wasn't tossing out all those disposable pads all the time. However, they were really hard to discretely pull off and put back on when I was nursing in public. I ended up not using them because of that. So that's my two cents!

kristen said...

LOVE the nursery Julie! Sarah's canvas turned out too cute. I really like the way you did the baskets also. Can't wait to see it in person!

Michelle said...

I love it! So cute!

naomi said...

jules, the nursery is darling! maybe since grayson and ashley were the same size at birth, that means carter will be 10lbs like reece, which is a 12-wk-old baby in many households :) he'll be great no matter what and we're so happy for you!