It seems like things are either crazy-busy or slow as slow can be in our lives. We're about to enter into one of those crazy times, I'm afraid. February is the month for change in the Buchanan family... poor Mom. She has a lot on her plate, trying to make sure we're all okay. What is possibly going on, you might ask... Well, let me fill you in!!
My brother, Brett, moved down to Fort Worth the beginning of January to start his first job out of college. He anticipated having fun with my other brother, David, and his wife, Kristen, hanging out in Texas. Well, on Brett's first day at work, David found out that he would most likely be taking on a new position within his current company, but in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Exciting, but sad, all in one big gulp. We are thrilled for David and Kristen, but I know that Brett will miss them. We will miss our fun weekends to Texas to see them -- Brett, this just means we'll have to crash with you and Dan from now on.
Anyway, I digress... David and Kristen have been travelling back and forth from TX to PA, and will be officially moving to Pittsburgh the weekend of Feb. 13th.
Dad is scheduled to have a left total hip replacement on Wednesday, Feb. 11th. Yea! He will now have TWO good hips!! Not a fun first two weeks after surgery, but he's got two therapists in the family... he'll make it. =)
And, oh yeah, if the baby doesn't come early, I'm scheduled to show up at the hospital at 5:30am on Friday, Feb. 20th for a C-section.
Births, moving, changing jobs, major surgery... aren't all of these pretty high on that list of things that can stress you out?? I think we'll just keep praying, and know that God is in control with all of our situations. He's been with us this far... and I know He'll continue to keep His hand on our family.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! You definitely have a lot going on with all of your loved ones. You all are in our prayers!
Wow! That is alot. I will be praying that everything goes smoothly. :) Let's see how close these little ones will be to each other!
We'll Keep you in our prayers!:)
Sweet blog Julie!! There is a LOT going on right now. I feel so blessed to be part of this strong, loving family. I cannot wait for Carter to get here!
Post a Comment