1. My child does not like to eat. It's not that he does not like specific foods, it's that it is almost painful for him to put the food in his mouth. He is so stinkin' slow when it comes to meals. We have tried to somewhat eliminate snacks in the afternoons, so that he'll eat dinner, but he still has no desire to eat. We now sit at the table with him, for a regular meal time (say 15-20 minutes), and then we get up and start cleaning up, and the rule is that he can get up when he is done eating. I swear, if we didn't make him eat his 3 meals, he wouldn't weigh the measly 34 lbs he weighs on a good day. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I'd have to argue/discuss/reason with my own kid about eating -- I just love to eat. Go figure!
2. Grayson has a stuffed dog that he named Precious, that has really become part of the family. Precious goes everywhere we go. The dog has been to SuperTarget, church, to the library, Wal-Mart, TJ Maxx, Barn'rds... everywhere! Today at lunch, Precious even "barked" the prayer "God is Great" as we prayed before eating. If we ask Grayson how Precious is doing, he'll turn his dog around and say, "Look, he's wagging his tail! He must like it!" (And Grayson is promptly wagging Precious' tail for him...) Grayson also brings some of Zoe's dog food in for Precious in a little bowl each morning and they eat breakfast together. Maybe this is his version of an "imaginary friend" -- that isn't quite so imaginary??

3. Our sermon series has been on "Face 2 Face" -- encounters with Jesus. In a nutshell, our pastor has been talking how immensely powerful those personal encounters with Jesus were that are specifically talked about in the Gospels. Today he discussed how our society is yearning to be face to face with others (and God), and yet it is so easy to send an email versus going out for coffee and actually talking. We are all so connected (ie email, Facebook, etc) and yet so disconnected. I thought it was a great sermon.
Note to self: Invite more couples/friends over for dinners for good face to face time! =)
4. And, for those of you who have actually read this far, the baby's name is:
Carter Elliott Anderson
5 comments:
Great name! And, just so you know, we'd love to be invited over for some face2face time when we move back! :)
I love it!
Love the name! We also have a blanket at our house that is like an imaginary friend...Ava wanted me to check her "bubby mack" into the nursery with Oliver on Sunday:) She feeds him squash and bannanas (play dough), but he doesn't poop because he doesn't have a bottom....hmm
Have you seen Kate with Doggie? I am actually just getting ready to post a quick story about her and Doggie...
I love the name Carter! It was one of my choices for Andrew. I hope you are feeling good and I can't wait to see the pictures of Carter's room once it is complete! So exciting!
Post a Comment