Sunday, January 25, 2009

A sweet baby shower

On Saturday, some of my very dear friends from church hosted a lovely baby shower in honor of the upcoming birth of Carter Elliott. Instead of bringing baby gifts, all the girls brought a casserole that I can put in the freezer and use for meals once Carter is here and we become sleep-deprived! They also each brought the recipe of their casserole to share. Yum!! My sweet friends, Gail and Amy, were the hostesses, and here is one of the tables in Gail's home beautifully decorated... the colors of the shower coordinated with the baby's room: lime green and navy blue.
They had darling cupcakes with Carter's initials on them and cute polka-dots!Sweet hostesses: Gail and AmyGail's chef welcomed Carter, too! Nanci, Jami, Julia, and Katie enjoying lunch
Bev, Mom, Marilyn, Gail, Ann, and Debi Elizabeth and Kim

me and Sarah -- Sarah painted a gorgeous canvas to hang in Carter's room... more pics to come, I promise!!I was instructed to sit at the head of the table and here was my place setting =)

me, Elizabeth, Alison, and Julie
It was a wonderful morning of fellowship and celebration with some of the dearest friends I have. I am so thankful for Amy and Gail's hard work and all their preparation. What a fun way to celebrate this new little life!!

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Hello, I came across your blog through feedjit. I'm actually from Kansas City and saw your blog on hunting. I'm a single mother of three boys who keep me very busy with soccer and in my spare time I also like to hunt. I usually hunt in Northern Missouri.

My youngest son is named Carson and it was really a tough choice between Carson and Carter. So I love your little one's name.

Anyways I just wanted to say hello. Good luck and take care.

Kaci

kristen said...

Ah! Such a cute shower!! The tables looked fantastic! I love all the blue and green. I can't wait to see Sarah's canvas!

I am so sorry I couldn't be there. It looked lovely!

I am SO excited for sweet Carter to get here!! I know you and David have talked dates to visit - but we really need to get something firmed up. I am entirely too anxious to meet him!

Thanks for all the prayers lately! They mean more than you know.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful baby shower! Your friends did a wonderful job!