Monday, January 12, 2009

Crafting and nesting

I have been in a serious state of nesting over the past few days. I feel like the baby's room is pretty much ready, and I have been washing and sorting baby clothes and getting everything put away. I've been a sucker for clearance sales at BabyGap, and it's also been fun to pull out some of my favorite clothes from when Grayson was tiny. I think the clothes are all now clean, hung up, and organized in the closet by size. I realized we didn't have a trash can in the baby's room or a laundry hamper for him either, so those were both purchased during our weekly Monday Wal-Mart run. =) Blankets are folded and washed, bedding is in place, and we put together the swing, bouncy seat, and Pack & Play last week.
The only thing I still need is a diaper pail... Any suggestions? I'm not a huge Diaper Genie fan -- with Grayson we used some sort of pail that kept the smell sealed away, but we were able to use regular kitchen trash bags with it. Hmmm. Can't seem to find it anywhere...
The other project that has been completed are cornice boards for both boys' rooms. My friend Amy and her sister Molly gave me the idea, and Molly coached me through how to make them. I am really excited about how they turned out. Grayson's is brick red, with his monogram in navy... a little hard to tell from the picture.
And, here's the one for the baby's room: navy material with his monogram in apple green. The colors in his room are navy, apple green, and chocolate brown.
Once his decorations are completely up, I'll post some pictures of the entire room!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? You have a baby name! Are you telling?

Jill said...

What's his name???