Jerry and I had a very enjoyable evening last night. His parents came down to Wichita to watch the boys while we had a date night. We had a fun dinner with some of our good friends, and it was so nice to enjoy adult conversation and actually linger over a meal... instead of rushing to get everyone fed before a meltdown happens. =) After our yummy dinner, we headed out to do a few errands -- just the two of us!
This is where I start to feel kind of old. What kind of errands did we do? Well, we went dishwasher and microwave shopping, got our wedding rings cleaned at Zales, and I went in search of a new Tempur-Pedic pillow. Yeah -- how old are we? From this description, you would guess OLD!! But, no, we're just in our thirties. Ha ha. We actually even enjoyed our errands, and found appliance bargains. Yippee!
So, down to the pillow business. My neck is killing me. I am most definitely a stomach sleeper, which I know is not good. I can sleep on my side, though I really don't like it. I will not and cannot fall asleep on my back. So, I've got a stiff and crunchy neck, like you wouldn't believe. (For my medical readers out there, I feel like my C7 and T1 verterbrae are just grinding on top of each other.) My good friend, Nanci, swears by her Tempur-Pedic pillow, so last night, while we were at the mall, I checked them out. They sell the pillows at Brookstone and they're $89!! Everyone says they're worth it -- I haven't bought one just yet. I think I'm ready, but I'm also curious... Have any of you ever tried one? Do you currently sleep on a "special" pillow? And, the million-dollar question -- Have you seen these pillows anywhere else cheaper??
Here's to sounding old... but also longing for a good, comfy night's sleep! =)
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear ya on feeling old!! I have a special pillow that I got from my chiropractor because I was having problems with my neck. I LOVE it!! I don't know what the brand name is though. It's not temper pedic. It was about $40 which I thought was a good price especially if that meant I didn't have to pay for more adjustments!
I also have a special pillow from my chiropractor--I think I paid just $25 for mine. I really only use it when I feel my neck getting out of place or when I have headaches though.
Great to hear that you guys had a great date night out together. Nick and I did the same type of thing in Odessa a couple of times (we hit a movie and Target afterwards since I hate paying a babysitter for a full hour that we haven't used!).
We'd love to see you when we're in Wichita the beginning of July...let me know what you guys have going on!
Post a Comment