Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A sweet excerpt...

from a book I've been reading the past few nights titled "What Every Mom Needs" by Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall, is listed here:

What Surprised You about Becoming a Mother?

Myself.
My temper and impatience.
How tired I feel.
How much I love my child.
That I could love a second child... then a third.. as much as my first.
That while I love my children, some days I don't like them.
How I can't wait to get away from my children, and then when I do, how much I miss them.
How being a Mom brings out the best and worst in me.
Some things I say to my children that I vowed I'd never say.
How many times a nose needs to be wiped.
How long a day can be.
How quickly children change from stage to stage.
How much more I appreciate my mother.
How much more I understand God's love for me.
How wonderful it is to be called "Mommy."

3 comments:

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Love it! I plan to pass it along to a few of my friends. :) Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

So true!

Esther said...

I've read this before somewhere--it's so true:)
Carter is getting cuter by the day! It looks like his eyes are still blue.