Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas here we come!

Today, over lunch, the Kansas Heart Hospital (where I work) hosted their annual Christmas party. We have never been before, but it was a fun time. The doctors' offices are now attached to the back of the hospital, so the lobby was beautifully decorated for the party. They had both a kids' buffet and one for the adults, as well as all kinds of yummy yule logs, frosted sugar cookies, and other treats for dessert.
But, the best part is that Santa actually makes a stop... every year... at the party. Santa is also known as our good friend, Dr. Roberts, and Grayson was more than happy to go sit in his lap.
Grayson informed Santa that bulldozers were on his list this yearAs for all the decorating at our house, I must admit, I was not too thrilled to get it all out. This is where my type-A, no clutter personality rears its ugly head. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas stuff and I have a thing for snowmen. But, I do not want to add anything to the decor I already have in place. We don't have a great spot for a Christmas tree upstairs, and I end up taking pictures off the wall to accomodate for our Advent calendar. So, as of the beginning of the week, I had sparing decorated for Christmas (stockings, garland, Advent calendar, etc) but the tree was not up. We decided last night that the tree needed to go up -- if just for Grayson's sake. So we're doing something different this year... the tree has a new home in our basement family room. Here it is:
My sister-in-law, Kristen, posted about a favorite ornament on her tree -- mine is a cute wooden Eddie Walker angel that I've had for years. Actually, I have lots of Eddie Walker goodies on my tree. Do you have a favorite ornament?
And, here is Grayson's tree. We let him decorate this one all by himself this year. You'll notice the tree looking a little heavy with ornaments on the bottom left, and yes, it has fallen over a few times. But, he loves it! =)Merry Christmas and Happy Decorating!!

2 comments:

kristen said...

I LOVE Grayson's tree. That is hilarious! Your tree looks great in the basement! Can't wait to see you all soon!!

Theresa Walker said...

I can't think of a favorite ornament, but don't feel to "Scrooge-ish" because I decided that we're not putting up a tree this year...we just don't have the space in this house, plus Gabrielle's toy box (made by my dad) is in the spot we put the tree last year. My last excuse is that we won't be here to enjoy it much since we are traveling up north again this year. I'm sure I could come up with soooo many more excuses like Gabrielle wanting to touch everything, but I'll stop here! :)