Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Picking the Big Day

According to my OB, he will do my C-section anytime during my 39th week of pregnancy, which is the week of February 16th. Which is a slight bummer, because I always thought it would be fun to have a Valentines Day baby... anyway, Jerry reassures me that no boy would ever CHOOSE Valentines Day for a birthday. =)

So, with all that said, how on earth do you go about determining the day your child will be born? I know there is always the chance of my water breaking earlier, or me actually going into labor, but Grayson was a week overdue... so I know that my odds aren't that great.

Some of the thoughts that have crossed my mind -- since I can literally choose ANY day that week... How about that Thursday so that I can go home from the hospital on a weekend, and then Jerry would only have to take 5-6 work days off total to get us through the middle of the first week home. Or, how about February 18th, since Grayson's birthday is March 8th -- they'd both be even numbers! Or maybe we should just do it that Monday (the 16th) when the hospital should be fully staffed, and ready for the week.

Yikes!! I don't know... I feel like I'm playing God to some extent. And, there's no chance of my OB letting me go the "natural" way... I've already asked. =) Any suggestions??

2 comments:

tara said...

Since we have now scheduled 3 births... we have a Dec 17, Sept 17 and Sept 7 - and our anniversary is Dec 7. So basically we have 2 dates and 2 months to remember for 4 events... kind of handy.

Theresa Walker said...

Since we went in to be induced with Gabrielle, we picked the day of the week that Dr. Lowden was "on call" and already at the hospital most of the time...May be pick a number out of a hat? :)