Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's hard for me to forget this day

Today was the original due date for our little one who died the end of June 2007. Today I also had a two-week follow-up appointment with my OB for our second miscarriage that happened the week before Christmas. It was a little weird to be in the waiting room, thinking about what could've happened, and why I should've been there... not for reasons that included yucky things like miscarriages and a D&C. But, I firmly believe you must cling to God's promises:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11-12

We are praying for a HOPEFUL 2008!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Julie, I'm so sorry about your losses. I too cling to those verses in Jeremiah.
Another one I love is, "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his mercies never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness, O God."
Lamentations 3:22-23

Praying for you today!

Althea said...

Hi Julie,

I thought that your first little one's due date must be coming up. And I continue to think of you and Jerry and your whole family. I've got to think that 2008 will hold a lot more joy for you all.
Hope your appointment yesterday went alright.
~Althea

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you a lot recently, thinking that the time of your original due date from the first miscarriage was coming up. I am sure it is so rough to go through those feelings all over again. You are so strong and your faith will carry you through all of this. We pray that things will be "figured" out soon. Miss you!
Kim