Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a sweet invitation...


I arrived home this afternoon, just having picked Grayson up from Kid's Day Out, when I noticed there was a pretty bouquet of flowers on my front porch. I opened the attached card, and this is what it said:

Dear Julie,

I was wondering if you would do me the honor of carrying a similar bouquet on August 30, 2008 as my bridesmaid? I hope you will say yes! I promise not to make you wear an ugly dress!

Love, Kristen

How sweet!! Kristen is my future sister-in-law, as she will be marrying my brother, David, in just a few months. I am so honored to take part in their special day!! What a fun way to ask all of your bridesmaids... I only wish I would have thought of this idea 8 years ago! =)
This picture was taken the day after David and Kristen's engagement.
(David, Brett, Kristen, Jerry, me) Sorry for the blurry picture... I can't get it any clearer!! =(

3 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

That was such a neat idea! Thanks for updating your blog so frequently...I really enjoy checking it!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Idea. Congrats on being a bridesmaid. I know you are so excited for them.

Jill said...

That's a darling idea... but please hold while I try to wrap my mind around the fact that one of your little brothers is old enough to get married. Weird!

Congrats, David!!