Friday, January 4, 2008

Our First Official Blog Post =)

I have certainly enjoyed reading some of our friends' blogs... the Walkers, Petersons, and Dotzours -- just to name a few. And, since I really didn't have any good New Year's resolutions this year, I decided to start a blog. The resolution is to start it AND keep it regularly updated. We shall see... =)

So, where do I begin? I guess I'll just post some fun recent pictures from the past couple of months, and then as Anderson news starts rolling in... I'll try to post it and add a picture, too!

Please remember -- Jerry and I both work in health care, not any kind of computer-based field. So please no laughing... at least for awhile!

Grayson and Baby Jay at a KU basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse. Rock Chalk, baby! How about that Orange Bowl last night?? Grayson talking to Santa at Crown Center in Kansas City. He told every Santa he saw this past December that he wanted a bulldozer and a new pair of pliers for Christmas. Amazing... Santa remembered!!


Grayson and Zoe, our Brittany Spaniel. He sweetly refers to her as "Zoe-licious" and I refer to her as Jerry's best hunting buddy. She's actually done really well this year (see next picture...)


Just a few weekends ago, Jerry shot his limit of roosters (aka male pheasants) and boy was that ever a good day in the Anderson household. No, I don't cook them... who could, after seeing your husband twist off their bloody heads and rip their wings apart. I just use the pretty feathers in my fall wreath. End of story!


Okay, last picture. This was from New Year's Eve... six of us couples got together at our friends, the Bells' house. Notice none of the guys wanted to be in the picture... L to R: Katie, Nanci, me, Angela, Kristy, and Jami. Happy 2008 everyone!









5 comments:

kristen said...

LOVE THE BLOG Julie!! So fun to see pics and comments from what is going on. I can't wait to check back for updates! Great New Year's resolution!

Theresa Walker said...

Yea!!! I am so excited to be able to check your blog for updates, and watch Grayson grow while we're not living in Wichita!!!

Anonymous said...

City girl since when are roosters females?

Jill said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to see you've joined us in bloggerland. Can't wait to see more. Grayson is sooo big! Wow!

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Yeah for blogs! Thanks for alerting me to your blog by way of commenting on ours. It will be fun to keep in touch that way. Love the pic of baby Jay w/ Grayson. What a cutie! Take care and tell Jerry hi from the Unruhs.
--Anna