Thursday, February 28, 2008

Going to the dentist

Today was a big day in our household. Another rite of passage occurred... Grayson's very first trip to the dentist! We had gotten prepared by making sure that we faithfully brushed every night, read a book (endless times) called "My First Trip to the Dentist", and Grayson even accompanied me for my dental check-up yesterday afternoon to watch. I wasn't quite sure how he would do... this morning, on the way there, he kept coming up with other places we should be going. That's when I started getting a little nervous! But, I have to say, he did wonderfully! He let Tina, the hygienist, count, clean, and floss his teeth with all of her really cool tools. He even got to pick the toothpaste she used, and he picked COOKIE DOUGH! I wish they'd had cookie dough toothpaste when I was little! He loved wearing his own sunglasses throughout the cleaning, and they rewarded him with a new toothbrush and two cannisters of play-doh when he was done. I must say, I was very proud of our little man.

**I was a very unprepared blogging mom as I had not brought my camera to the appointment. Our kind hygienist, Tina, took a picture on her cell phone and then sent it to me! That's why it's a little blurry. =)

1 comments:

kristen said...

Yea!! The Drennan clan is very proud of Little G! Sounds like you did a great job preparing Julie!