Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sleeping Beauty and other random thoughts...

About 45 minutes into his "nap" this afternoon, I heard Grayson jumping on his bed, singing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" as loud as could be. He would then alternate between verses, screaming "MOMMMMY! I'M AWAKE!!!" Oh brother... I decided after awhile that maybe going on a walk and getting some fresh air would do both of us a little good. Halfway into our walk, guess who's asleep? Grayson and the three stuffed dogs he requested to bring along with him. Oh well. Zoe and I got some exercise -- and a little peace and quiet -- even though it was just for the last half of our walk. =)Just a few other random thoughts...

When will the Jayhawks learn to pull it all together and FINISH a game?!? We could have and should have won down there in Austin... it is sooooo frustrating. My brother was even there, proudly cheering the 'Hawks on, in his blue RussRob KU t-shirt in the midst of all that burnt orange. Ugghh. Hopefully they'll learn something before the Final Four. They have GOT to go all the way this year...

We just got DVR (or TiVo -- depending on your provider) and have LOVED it!! Gosh... I can't believe that we have done without it for so long now. I love being able to catch up on The View, Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels, unseen 2005 episodes of Grey's Anatomy, and Jerry even DVR'ed the Westminster Dog Show. And to be able to fast-forward through the commercials. Yippee!!

2 comments:

kristen said...

Ha - I firmly believe a DVR will change your life! Miss you guys!

Jill said...

Oh yeah, DVR is AWESOME! Also good for episdodes of whatever kids show so you can watch them whenever is convenient!

My girls always fall asleep on walks too. That's a cute pic of G. with his doggies!