Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

It snowed again last night, and we got about 3 inches of the pretty white stuff. Of course, all the previous snow had melted, and I'd gotten a carwash on Monday. Oh well. =) Jerry was home early from work today, so he and Grayson got busy in the backyard building a snowman from what was left of the snow. Zoe decided she would run around and help, and eat the raisins we tried to use for the snowman's eyes and mouth.
On a more disappointing note, I think we are definitely on our way out with the whole nap phenomenon. Grayson is only taking a nap about 1-2x per week, which is a little frustrating for all of us. The past two evenings he has been in bed asleep by 6:45pm, and has slept for 12 hours straight. (Obviously these were the no-nap days!) Also, the past two afternoons while he's been in his room for so-called "quiet time", he has completely destroyed it. He's done everything from decorating his humidifier with stickers to loading up his closet with pillows and stuffed animals... proudly leaving all the clothes that had been neatly hanging on hangers, well -- on the floor. I was hoping that this was just a phase, but I think he's proving me wrong...

1 comments:

Jill said...

Oh man, I feel for you on the nap thing. It's really a hard thing to adjust to, when you're used to having that "mom time" and suddenly, it's gone.

hang in there! Oh, and here's the recipe for the Chinese Casserole... a link:

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--1996/hamburger-rice-casserole.asp

I don't use the molasses, and up the soy sauce some.