Saturday, February 9, 2008
A Trip to the Zoo!
It's been a "perfect weather" day today... Jerry didn't have to work and hunting season is over, so I convinced him that we should take Grayson to the zoo. We have such a great zoo, and we have really enjoyed going there over the past few years. As we were walking in, we saw our friends, Mike and Jen, with their kids, Ellie and Carson. We had a great time walking around together. Our first stop was the chimpanzee exhibit. So fun!
I know this picture is a little blurry, but we had a ball just watching the daddy chimp play with his baby (who is actually 6 years old, according to the zookeeper). Isn't that a cute shot of the baby looking up at us? =)
There were even BIGGER chimps outside... Grayson and Ellie were convinced that this guy was King Louie from The Jungle Book... he followed us to both viewing areas and it appeared that the chimp was sad to see us go. If only he could fit in the stroller with Grayson!!
As we approached the area with lions, we saw the big male lion walking around. He climbed to the top of his rock (Pride Rock, of course) and let out several big ROARS!!!! Very cool!
Our zoo's newest exhibit has penguins. Here, Ellie and Grayson are checking out one of the penguins who is swimming underwater to greet them! All in all, we had a wonderful time catching up with friends, visiting the animals (who were pretty playful!), and enjoying the beautiful weather!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The zoo there IS the best. Seriously. I've been to lots of zoos in bigger cities that came no where close to the S.C. zoo. Now I want to go! :-)
I already miss having a zoo to take Gabi to! They don't even have one up in Lubbock. I don't know how far we'd have to drive to find a zoo...perhaps Dallas. Ugh! I can't wait to come back and go there...sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment