This is definitely a fun age. I was a little nervous (and still am...) about actually typing this, because as soon as I say I love this stage in Grayson's life, he'll throw me a curve ball. So many people have said that three was going to be worse than two, but so far so good! =) My friend, Althea, was just blogging about how she needed to start writing down some of the funny and sweet things her little boy was doing... so here are some of ours. In no particular order:
Today, Grayson reminded me of something I forgot to put on our weekly Wal-Mart grocery list. "Mom, we forgot to write bubbles down on your list for Wal-Mart. Oh well... we'll just borrow Nana's." =) Ha -- he's even figured out a solution to my forgetfulness!!
Grayson's new thing as far as toilets go is to stand up and pee (with the seat UP of course!), and then to turn around and sit on the toilet (seat's still up!) and poop. Who needs comfort when you've got to poop?!? I've tried to encourage him to sit on the toilet seat when he needs to do #2, but he prefers this way. What do I know anyway? =)
Uncle Dave and Kristen gave Grayson a HUGE (as big as G) Lightning McQueen pillow, which Grayson absolutely loves. He has slept with it every night, but there is a standing rule: Don't put your head on Lightning's eyes when you're sleeping. (Don't ask me... a three year old made that one up.) And, he reminds me of the rule every night when we read books and snuggle. =)
Just last week, when we were at the park, Grayson asked me where his baby sister is. If only I knew. I just remind him that Jesus will send us a baby (sister would be great!) when He is ready. And, I know he'll be a great big brother.
Last, but not least, the authors of Babywise would be proud. The child THRIVES on a schedule. His parents are both Type-A. And, as my friend Katie says: "Most of our days with little kids are just like Groundhog Day. The same old thing, just like the day before!" But, we love it. Grayson asks every day, whether he's going down for a nap or for the night, "Mom, what are we going to do when I get up?" He loves the fact that I can tell him what's supposed to happen tomorrow, and I love the fact that we have some sort of set schedule. Those Babywise people would love it, too.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Very cute...I would have to agree that for the most part, I am loving the stage that Gabrielle's in right now, although I am looking forward to the time that she can verbally communicate with me too! We'll keep praying for that baby sister to arrive--all in God's time was a great answer!
Love ya!
T
Post a Comment